Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Frying Turkeys

I have been frying turkeys for a long time. I bought a cooker with two other friends years ago and we cooked our turkeys together each year. I was always the one who had to leave early, so the other guys drained the oil and cleaned the pot. Well over the past few years my friends gave up on the turkey frying and the cooker became mine. Now I’m having to drain the oil and clean the pot. But not any more!

I cooked two turkeys on Monday when all my children were in town and planned to drain the oil and clean the pot the next day. I got up early the next morning and decided to go to breakfast while my family was sleeping. I backed over the turkey pot with my truck! Yes, the oil was still in the pot, and now on the driveway! I loaded the mangled pot and the rest of the oil into my truck and took it straight to the dump.

I’ll bet you thought I started a fire!

No comments: