Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lets find a radio station...

I’m a Christian white male, born, raised, and educated in the South. There's good chance that I'm a conservative person, and I think of myself as such. But, I’m getting tired of listening to conservative talk radio. They have nothing good to say about anything. They might be more knowledgeable than me, but it wears me out to listen.

You might think that being in the church music profession, I listen to Christian music all the time. I do that during work hours, so I really don’t want to get in my vehicle and listen to that again. Don’t get me wrong. We have great Christian music stations here in town. But I need something different. And today, I found the type of programming I need.

I was listening to NPR (don’t stop reading, remember I’m conservative) and I heard two men talking about the state managed clam beds we have here in South Carolina. Did you know you can go to one of our 79 different sites and dig for clams, at no charge? Are we living in a great state or what? One man called in and said that he was in Canada a few weeks ago and all their clam beds are restricted to commercial clammers. It makes me glad that we don’t have to be like Canada to be a great state (I didn’t mention healthcare).

I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s discussion on the Sweet Gum Tree. 'What’s their purpose?'

My life is exciting….

No comments: