Monday, December 7, 2009

Fun Family Facts

I'm blessed to have a big wonderful family, and we all enjoy getting together during the holidays. When you live out of town you don't get to experience all that goes on with the family. So, every time we meet, I try to learn more about their daily lives. How their jobs are coming along , where they're going on vacation, and how their children are doing in school.

One thing I heard this year is that my niece, my who is an RN, helped her 3rd grade son on a school paper, and he made a 49! She said "you don't have to be able to write to be a nurse". She didn't think it humorous. But to my family, it was!
It was amusing to see my sister, who is a 1st grade teacher, teaching my nurse niece, 3rd grade English. I guess most of us have forgotten a lot of things we 'learned' in school. (sorry Becca, I had to share this)

My Mother asked my brother once if he wanted help with his homework, he said " do you want me to fail?"
It runs deep in my family!

Are You Smarter Than A 3rd Grader? Mmmm?

No comments: