Friday, August 1, 2008

You've Got A Friend






The Carol King/ James Taylor song 'You've Got A Friend' has never been so true as it is today! I signed up for 'Facebook' a week ago. I was calling it 'Spacebook' until a young choir member, Lindsey, corrected me. I tried for a week to sign up myself but it wouldn't accept me. That was a pretty low feeling not being accepted by a program that connects friends! Finally my secretary Rebecca, our College Minister Angela, and our 'Web Master' Colette, signed me up.

Why would I want to sign up, you ask? A friend from out of town emailed me and asked me to look at some family pictures on 'Facebook' so that is what I tried to do. Since getting signed up I get requests from 10 to 16 people every day asking if I will be their friend! So, if you ever feel that no one cares, or you want to stay on the computer all day answering IM's, go to 'Facebook' and get yourself some friends!

Oh by the way, my out of town friend only had 6 pictures on her site for me to view and to be honest, they weren't worth the effort!

No comments: