Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Baby Sister turns 40

My baby sister turned 40 yesterday and we had a party for her last Saturday. She said that she wanted it to be a big party because we probably won't be here for, or feel like celebrating, her 50th.

She has always been kind of spoiled. She was born when I was 17 . My family, like most families we knew in the 60's, had only one car. I was promised that we would get another car and I wouldn't have to date in the big family station wagon (tanks back then) anymore. Well Stacie came along and there went the new car.

It's not that I didn't love her, but I do think I missed out on a lot of dates because of not having that car (I don't think it was my complexion).

Stacie turned out to be quite a blessing . My mother says that a car wouldn't have been near as much fun. I know it wouldn't have lasted 40 years.

No comments: