Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What a Saturday!

What a Saturday! I cut my grass then went and rocked my grandson Luke while Jason and Angela worked outside. He and his granddad both went to sleep in the rocker.

We went to a wedding of two wonderful young people and it was a nice wedding. I knew I was getting older but I didn't know I was old until I heard the processional by 'Radiohead' and the recessional by 'U.N.K.L.E.'. That was an experience.

But the day wasn't over. That evening we attended the Symphony. The choir and orchestra gave us tickets to Greenville Orchestra's presentation of Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 2, "Resurrection".
That was impressive! In the fourth movement two ladies, one from Texas and one from New York, came out and sang with the Orchestra. That was a waste! I didn't understand them (even the one singing in English) and they only sang for a couple of minutes. Why get all dressed up and fly into Greenville for a couple of minutes of singing?

Radiohead and Mahler in the same day! But rocking Luke is something that I understood. I'm Blessed!

No comments: