Monday, May 12, 2008

Out Of The Box

How many times have you heard the phrase "Think Outside The Box" or " Get Outside The Box"? I was thinking about the 'box' this morning and realized being in the 'box' is not that bad! If a batter steps outside the batter's box he is called out or misses the pitch. A basketball coach has to stay in the coach's box or get charged with a foul.

A friend mentioned that his father-in-law loved to wrap presents in multiple boxes. I enjoy having a gift that is wrapped in a box. When I order something I like it to come in a box to protect the object in shipping.

So why not stay in the box? What is wrong with safety? What is wrong with comfort? What is wrong with security?

I know that "getting out of the box" is all about change. I think those who think something is bad just because it is old need to "Think in the Box" or look around"inside the box" for awhile and see if it is still strong enough to meet your needs.

Don't recycle every box you have, you might need it later. Just ask my friend Rodney.

"Dancing with the one that brought ya" ain't that bad.

No comments: