Monday, September 29, 2008

Marty

I used to tell my children bedtime stories about Zeep and WaWa, garbage men in space, and about the adventures of two inquisitive ants, Clarence and Roy. I gained inspiration for Zeep and WaWa from the movie Star Wars, but the inspiration for Clarence and Roy was probably from my brother Marty and his friends.

I haven’t mentioned Marty much in my blogs before now, and he has felt a little slighted. It is not because I don’t love him. A lot of the things he did as a child, or even now, I can’t publish.

I must admit he has added flair to our family. Like the time he and his buddy painted two kids silver from head to toe so that they might be able to join his fictitious club! Or the time my friend and I thought it was raining, and it was Marty in a tree providing the ‘water works’ (fill in the blanks). I could go on and on.

He has the most creative mind in our family. Or better yet, he’s the best liar! He is also Mom and Dad’s funniest child. He keeps the family gatherings going with his tall tales and gags.

It is easy to be jealous of him, not just because he is the thinnest or the best singer in the family, but because he was able to do things that we couldn’t. Like making jumps with his dirt bike. I thought if he could do it I could too, until found myself flipping on my head with the bike on top of me. Riding his skateboard down the street on his hands couldn’t be that hard, I thought. Cracked head and skinned knuckles later I realized it was a little harder than it looked.

Marty, have a great day, and I hope you enjoy this blog. Thanks for making our lives interesting!


I love you brother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOW THAT YOU MADE HIM KING AGAIN..HE'LL PROBABLY SAY YOU LEFT OUT THE PART ABOUT HOW GOOD LOOKING HE IS AND THE OLD WOMEN AT CHURCH LOVE HIM....IF THEY ONLY KNEW ALL OF THE STORY